What is Faith Formation?
In a single line we could say faith formation is: equipping people to live as disciples of Jesus.
In his latest book, Generations Together, John Roberto reaffirms a traditional, but very rich notion that faith formation informs, forms, and transforms the person—whether child, youth, or adult—into a robust, vital, and life-giving Christian faith that is holistic: a way of the head, the heart, and the hands.
And faith formation does the very same for the Christian community as it immerses people into the particular practices and particular way of life that identifies them as followers of Jesus.
Roberto goes on to say, “While expressed in many different ways, faith formation seeks to help people:
- Grow in their relationship with God for the whole of life
- Live as disciples of Jesus at home, at work, in the community, and in the world
- Develop an understanding of the Bible and their faith tradition
- Deepen their spiritual life and practices
- Engage in service and mission to the world
Participate in the life and ministries of their faith community. (John Roberto)
St. Michael’s Parish is re-imaging Faith Formation! We are committed to building a program that is relevant to ALL parishioners, to their stage in life, one that respects the dynamics of family life and provides the tools necessary for ALL of us to actively live our lives as members of the Body of Christ!